Friday, November 2, 2012

Weekend Thankfulness

Let's be realistic.  I'm not that great at posting all the time.
So in the effort of being proactive on my 30 days of thankfulness, it's time for some weekend thankfulness. 

For my third day,
I am thankful for friends, old, new, and yet to come.  I am grateful for my bff from high school who I got to spend the weekend with a couple of weeks ago.  There's nothing like the comfortable nature of a friend that was there for your awkward stage.  I am grateful for my college friends. Pinochle at all hours, late nights, sarcasm, Bob Costas. While we are in different places and don't see each other as much as we would like to I hope that you all know that I think of you often.  I am grateful for my graduate student friends.  There is nothing like those people that have PTSD with you.  I'm glad that we can continue learning together.  My "adult" friends.  Adult is such a tricky phrase.  Who am I kidding most of the people who I find dear with always be young at heart no matter the trappings of life.  Thank you for listening to me and enjoying me for the nerd I am.  I love you all for the spice you add to my life.

For my fourth day,
I am thankful for books.  Books allow me to visit new places and get caught up in a mystery or romance.  Books allow for passion.  "You turned another page." Books = cuddling with my daughter or a blanket or a kitten.  Speaking of which, time to pick up a book when I'm done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment