Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankful day 10

Today I am thankful for oreos.

No, my world does not revolve around sweets... wait, yes my world does revolve around sweets.  This oreos (triple stuffed) have successfully allowed me to navigate the treacherous waters of daughter with snotty nose who thinks naps are for suckers. 

Oreos also will always remind me of my grandfather.  He was diabetic and a baker.  He always traveled with sweets.  My parents and I took a road trip to Denver with my grandparent when I was 18.  My grandparents packed a giant peanut butter container full of oreos.  They would push the oreos like they were crack.  "Do you want an oreo? Are you sure you don't want an oreo?"  To this day, I can't look at oreos the same way.  My little girl who will never know her great grandparents on my side of the family also loves the oreos.  I tell her great grandpa would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment