Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful Day 12

Today I am thankful for music. 

Now I was never a particularly talented musician with my clarinet.  I had fun, but it was not my favorite thing.  However, when it comes to singing, I adore it. People are always catching me singing in my office to my ipod.  I actually believe I signed a binding contract that am not allowed to stop (thanks grad student friends). I sing along to radio.  I always loved music festival season, even though I ended up terrified of singing my solos.  I would always end up forgetting the words.  It didn't matter whether it was a trio, small group, or entire choir.  If there was another person, I was never scared.  Alone terrified enough to forget the words.... Some day I want to be part of a choir again.  I miss organized singing sometimes. 

For the time being, I will continue to sing to my ipod and to my little girl.  We had a family sing-a-long last night because she wanted her parents to sing and to sing with us.  It was awesome.  She is even more adorable than normal when she is singing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment