Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Resolutions & a little Bragging...

Normally I am not a New Years Resolution type person.  It's not that I don't believe in them.  A new year is just as good as any other time to start habit that will be good for you or will end something that is not so good for you.  So here are mine in a official , hey look universe, kind of way.
1) I will lose my last 10 lbs of lazy weight.  I can't blame the baby for this last 10.  It was me being lazy before she was conceived.  I want to wear my wedding ring again. 
2) I will limit my guilt.  I'm a working mom and wife of a stay at home dad.  As a result of that and my own emotional makeup, I tend to feel guilty if I just want to do something without my child.  However, I don't begrudge when my husband wants to leave the house without his daughter.  It is irrational and I know this.  That said, I still feel this way.  It's not healthy for me, my husband, or my daughter. I know I can't make this guilt go away completely, but I need to not always go there. 
So action plan time....
For goal 1, the new year new you motivation will help.  I'll also be writing down what I am eating to get a better grip.  I'm a boredom eater and a habit eater (like I really want crunch).  I will continue going to spin class and actually go to class the rest of the week too.  We will be eating more vegetables. 
Now goal 2, is much more difficult.  I can't exactly shut off the "worry wort" part of my personality.  So I'm going to look at this way.  Once a month, I hang with the ladies from work.  I'm going to continue to do that.  And I think I'm going to make a more consistent effort to have a girls night with my friends.  We used to get together once a week, but with the addition of my daughter and other commitments that has kind of fell through.  I also have the goal of my husband and I going to the movies once a month.  We used to go to movies all the time.  There are now new theaters in my town so it's not as lame to go and there are more choices.  In the last year I have been to 5 movies, I believe.  So that would be good for me too.


Also side note.  I'm totally rocking at putting the baby to sleep.  I expanded our sleep ritual because she is now on to whole milk and off the bottle.  We didn't intend to take her bottle away, but she is so smart that she would not drink milk from her bottle.  She knew formula came from the bottle so she didn't want anything to do with the milk in that form.  Now we put her milk in a cup and she is all over it.  Just need to put it out there because I'm so so happy that the expanded ritual is making napping and going to bed for the night much quieter. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey I totally feel that way about resolutions as well! :) That mom guilt is a POS but alas, we all sadly live with it. :( I keep thinking that I'm so busy...then I realize that I still have the kids with me 90% of the time, so it's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete