Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Place

So I'm working on maintaining my happy place. This weekend was full of positive steps. 
I'm still totally behind at work.  I know what I'm teaching through Wednesday and may be reading the most boring articles I've read since a neuroscience colloquium in grad school (chosen by a student for a discussion based class).  I hope the discussion goes better than I think it is going to.
However, I had a good weekend.  I put aside everything that I was tweaking about.  I played some games with friends.  I read books with my daughter.  I got lots hugs and kisses. And then while I was feeling zen, I curled up with a book in the bathtub.  Sure my daughter proceeded to wake up and interrupt my happy reading time, but it was still lovely to have (I continued for a while in my chair after she went back to bed).  I'm hoping that by Friday I can spend some more time in my happy place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment