Saturday, January 14, 2012

Balance

Well, I think I'm getting my center back after the week from hell, but I'm not sure.  I'm at home alone with daughter this weekend.  She's been good.  The weekend duties of laundry, groceries, and cleaning are done.  I was able to get a decent work out in.  I haven't done any grading (and I kind of need to), but it's late and I don't wanna. 
I'm beginning to realize that I need a hobby.  I don't necessarily have time for one, but  I need one.  I kinda of gave up video games as the baby got bigger.  It's not that I don't like playing, but there was always something else that needed to be done or that was nagging me while daughter naps so I don't play much anymore.  I want a hobby that allows me to leave my house every few weeks with a purpose or maybe it's just that sometimes when I take me time, I need to actually go hide at a coffee shop or in my room.  I don't know exactly what it is that I need, but I need something. 
I also need to get caught back up at work so I' not obsessing about it like I am right now.  I want to go to bed, but I might end up grading (I know I said I didn't want to). 
All the things I did today were positive steps in the right direction.  I hope for more baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment