Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Okay fine

I wasn't sure I wanted to blog about this, but I need to get some thoughts out of my head. 
I get to have my first mammogram this week.  Nothing was hinky in my checkup, but I have a strong family history so my doctor thought it would be good to have a baseline mammogram.  Rationally I know this is not a big deal.  I am totally on edge.  It's not like I didn't know this time would come.  Hello look at my family history, but that didn't mean I was counting the hours or anything. 
I also get to be tested for asthma because my breathing when I exercise can be off (depending on what I'm doing).  I also get to have an ultrasound because one of my ovaries was a little swollen so they want to take a look.  At this point, no reason to freak out, but waiting can be so much worse than just doing something.  The two big appointments will be done by the end of this week so that will at least be a relief.  Sure I most likely won't know anything right away, but the appointments will be done which is good.  In the mean time, I am trying to concentrate, but I'm not doing so hot at it this afternoon.  Okay now I have spewed this out and I can move on for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, a baseline mammogram is a good thing to have, especially with family history. It's not a *fun* procedure, but also not as bad as some make it out to be. That was just my experience though. Hopefully it'll be just as easy for you. And I know nothing anyone says can help ease the anxiety over everything you'll do this week, so I'll just say that I hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete