Thursday, September 1, 2011

Domestic Goddess, maybe

Sometimes l am in awe of how much I love to cook.  When I was younger, I would have laughed at you if future me would have told young me, "you will enjoy cooking." I just love picking out what we will be eating and taking the time to cook.  Now that's the kicker, time.  There is school, daughter, and house that all say I should just do something simple and get on with my night.  So I am doing more exploring of easy things.  This month I'm thinking that I will try using my crockpot once a week.  It might buy me a little piece of mind.  The problem is then finding recipes that are flavorful.  I really dislike bland food.  I also don't like to eat the exact same thing every week. This makes this crockpot mission difficult as so far the only crockpot recipes I love are for pot roast, pulled pork, and chipotle burritos.  I'm going to try a gravy steak this next week. 
So my canning experiment worked out.  I have now canned two batches of applesauce and this weekend I'm going to attempt apple butter.  It should be interesting.I also baked applesauce muffins to help deplete the apple population. 
Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment