Saturday, June 22, 2013

Challenges Accepted.

Alright I am going to officially sign up for another 10K in October.  I'm never going to convince myself to keep my mileage if I don't have some extra motivation to kick my own butt.  I received my foot pod last week so I can use my fancy gps watch indoors.  I love it.  It is just more accurate than the tredmill and then I can just set it and forget it.  I also have a date with my running buddy for long runs on Monday nights so that we can kick our own butts.

Next challenge.  I  am on my third day of the 30-day Ab Challenge.  I saw it on a facebook thing I follow and I'm curious to whether I can pull it off.  Especially since I know I do have super weak abs.  Always have and a c-section sure didn't help.  My abs hurt already so this will be an adventure.

Last challenge, I'm going to make my daughter a quiet book.  Yes, I am not crafty.  I know it.  I used to embroider so I know I can hand sew where I need to.  I found a really nice diagram for some of the things I want to do http://www.serving-pink-lemonade.com/2011/01/quiet-book-templates.html I don't plan on going crazy, I'll be using fabric glue and such.  However, I just couldn't find something pre-made that I wanted and the coolest ones on etsy were WAY more than I wanted to spend.  I'm going to stick to an animal theme.  I want pages with button flowers, zippers, lacing, snaps, and buckles.  I might try to figure out something that would involve twisting bottle caps- which is the most advanced that I'm thinking.  I just think that this will really help us out when we are in the car on the way to Wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment