Wednesday, July 17, 2013

zombies

It is difficult to admit to myself that the summer is on the downslide.  We have started our busy time of travels before school starts once again.  It feels like craziness. 
I finally completed the event that pushed me to start running the zombie 5K.  It was crazy.  Husband and I started by climbing a muddy hill.  After a short jaunt we faced a field full of zombies.  Then more mud, more hills, more zombies, a balance beam, and lots of mud all before mile one was over.  I kept my one of my three flags until just after mile one.  The entire thing was a trip.  I huffed, laughed, screamed…. I had two favorite zombie.  There was one zombie who while I was sprinting, just chose to pace with me and yell.  I screamed back because it was such a trip to be chased like that.  I also appreciated the Goku zombie.  While I HATE dragonball Z, the guy had fun with it.  The zombie carried wild flowers and offered them to all of the female runners.  When we faced this zombie for the second time, he was offering the flowers again.  I exclaimed, “No I will not go out with you.  I didn’t want to go out with you the first time.” The zombie then threw down the flowers and tried to lunge for me.  It was awesome.  Little miss had her first “Big Adventure at Grandma and Grandpa’s.” She stayed with the grandparents alone while we ran the 5K. While she won’t admit it, she had a great time too. 
I am off the wagon for the ab challenge it was just really hard to keep it up while traveling so much. However, I did finish my quiet book for our long trip.  I have yet to show it to little miss so it may or may not be much of a hit.  I had fun making it though.

Alright I should probably try to make a syllabus or something productive.  Or read world War Z. 

No comments:

Post a Comment