Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pooptastrophe

It has been a long time since I have thought about the word Pooptastrophe.  That was the phrase that my husband and I coined when our daughter was very little and we would have a messy diaper and that would go everywhere.  Most true pooptastrophes end with a child being held at arms length in a shower,  a child being bathed, or possibly both parent and child needing a bath.  Pooptastrophe has been a word of the past since the start of solid foods.  That is, until today.

Today I stepped in poop.  You might think, why on earth did your cat poop on the floor?  But it was not cat poop.  Oh no, we had a pooptastrophe.  Apparently, little miss had such a large messy poop that it came out of the top of her diaper and landed on the floor.  Which I then stepped in.  I then screamed for husband.  I explained the situation.  He had the gall to ask me if I had gotten a new diaper yet.  I retorted that since I was still cleaning poop off of my foot, I had not gone anywhere yet.
After wiping a smile off of his face, he took care of cleaning up toddler while I took care of my foot and the floor.

It is almost funny to me now.  Still disgusting, but almost funny.  I think I laugh to keep from hurling...

No comments:

Post a Comment