Sunday, August 21, 2011

Summer is History

I've always been a person who tries to do too much.  I always think that I can handle the one more thing.  In fact, most of the time I don't notice that I am a little stressed (I think I'm broken because of surviving graduate school).  I'm a mostly responsible adult who loves teaching (on most days), thinks that the best smile I see if when my daughter wakes up, and demands 3 kisses instead of just one from my husband (I think the sad part is that I don't even remember why it is 3 anymore.  It is just part of my life and who I am).

I won't say that I'm horribly interesting because we all know I'm rather boring and lame (but I like lame).  I just wanted to have a place to account my adventures in trying to balance my life and feel good about everything I am doing.  Now who knows if I will ever figure out balance, but I would settle for a tight rope walk that I enjoy.  If I could survive on 6 hours of sleep, I think that would help as well.   

So today I took 10 minutes to start this blog.  Now on to dealing with mundane things like washing the apple crop of the day, taking a shower, and picking up the house.  Hopefully, I can do all this in less than an hour so I can read a little bit too.  I always forget how trips to the library practically turn me into an addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment